Every year, we assess our benefits plans and programs to make sure they’re aligning with your and your family’s needs. And this year is no different. From increasing the company contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) and the number of free counseling sessions you get every year to enhancing our vision and dental plans, we’re providing even more ways to promote your physical, emotional, and financial wellness.
Medical plan changes and enhancements
More chiropractic and acupuncture visits covered by UHC
If you’re enrolled in a UHC medical plan, the number of chiropractic and acupuncture annual visits covered under your plan is increasing from 20 to 26 for each.
Expanded fertility benefits through Kaiser
Both Kaiser plans will be expanding their fertility benefits in 2023 to cover GIFT, ZIFT, and IVF (limits will apply).
UnitedHealthcare (UHC) prescription drug cost changes
The maximum amount you’ll pay for prescription drugs through the UHC Choice Plus and UHC Choice plans will be changing to more closely align with the cost of medications in each tier. The amounts shown below are for a 30-day supply at a network retail pharmacy. The maximum amounts for mail-order prescription drugs are 2 times and 90-day retail fills are 3 times the new amounts.
|2022 Maximum||2023 Maximum|
Enhancements to your other health and wellness plans
More reasons to love the Health Savings Account (HSA)
Get MORE free money from Autodesk in your HSA
If you're enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Choice Plus High Deductible plan, you have access to a tax-advantaged HSA to help you save on health care expenses. In 2023, if you’re enrolled for the entire calendar year, Autodesk will contribute up to $1,000 (increasing from $750) if you have individual medical coverage or up to $2,000 (increasing from $1,500) if you have family coverage (yourself and at least one dependent). That’s a whole lot of money that could go toward doctor and hospital visits, prescriptions, vision exams, and dental treatments—or toward saving for your future! Note: To receive the employer contribution, you must make an active HSA election for 2023. If you don’t want to contribute to the HSA yourself, simply set your contribution to $0. You can update your election anytime during the year if you change your mind.
Contribute even more in 2023
The IRS has increased the HSA contribution limits for 2023! That means you can contribute up to $3,850 if you’re enrolled in individual coverage and up to $7,750 if you’re enrolled in family coverage. If you’re 55 or older, you can throw in an additional $1,000. Keep in mind that these limits include any amounts that Autodesk contributes on your behalf.
Still on the fence about the HSA? Along with increased contributions from Autodesk and higher annual contribution limits, there are plenty of good reasons to consider participating in this savings tool.
Flexible spending account (FSA) contribution limits
Dental plan enhancement: stretch your Aetna PPO dollars further
If you’re an Aetna PPO dental plan member, preventive services will no longer be applied to your annual benefit maximum. This means that your benefit will stretch further when you need other services, like a root canal, filling, or crown.
VSP vision plan enhancements
We’re making several enhancements to your vision coverage in 2023:
- If you’re enrolled in the VSP Basic or Plus vision plan, you can use your lens and frame benefit to purchase non-prescription blue-light-filtering glasses or non-prescription sunglasses.
- If you’re enrolled in the VSP Plus plan, UV protection will be covered under lens enhancements.
- Walmart and Sam’s Club will be added to the VSP retail chain network.
More coach or therapist sessions through Lyra
So that you’ll have the support you need when you need it, we're increasing the number of free counseling sessions with a Lyra coach or therapist from 16 to 20. These sessions, available to you and your eligible dependents, are in addition to the support and resources available through Lyra Essentials, Lyra Learn, and Lyra Gather.
Plan costs and tax changes
- Due to rising health care costs, along with several other factors, most per-paycheck deductions are increasing for 2023. See how the 2023 rates compare with the 2022 rates.
- Starting in 2023, you’ll pay tax on the cost of the basic AD&D coverage that Autodesk provides at no cost to you. By paying this nominal tax on the premium amount now, you’ll avoid paying taxes on any benefit paid out in the future.
- Starting in 2023, your premiums for supplemental employee AD&D insurance will be deducted on a post-tax basis, rather than pretax. Premiums for supplemental spouse AD&D insurance are currently deducted on a post-tax basis.